Showing 31 Result(s)

Big 2021 Changes for the Child and Dependent Care Credit.

In my view the Child and Dependent Care Credit 2021 changes didn’t get as much media coverage as they deserved. Perhaps the focus on the Advance Child Tax Credit Payments overshadowed the Child and Dependent Care Credit changes. For some taxpayers the Child and Dependent Care Credit will actually have a bigger impact on their …

Tax Tips for Gig Workers.

New gig workers and self employed individuals can be surprised by the increased complexity of their tax returns. Sometimes understanding the changes are difficult. Here are a few tax tips for gig workers and the self employed.

What Should I do when my Tax Refund is Late?

Many taxpayers have experienced the frustration of a tax refund taking longer to reach us than we would like. Most taxpayers do receive their refunds within 21 days. And some delays are relatively normal. But what if it is simply taking too long, what should you do? You can get some tips by reading here.

How do I Avoid Tax Scams?

Unfortunately tax scams and tax identity thieves are out there. But you are not defenseless. There are some smart actions you take to reduce your risk. You can read about these actions here.

What is the 2021 Tax Year Recovery Rebate Credit?

The Recovery Rebate Credit in your 2021 Tax Return is how you will reconcile the third stimlus payment or the third Economic Impact Payment as the IRS calls it. The third stimulus payment is not taxable, but it is included in the 2021 tax return to make sure taxpayers didn’t miss the payment either in …

2021 Tax Return: Changes to EITC.

There were several changes in 2021 for the Earned Income Tax Credit that can help some taxpayers, particularly low income individuals and couples who don’t claim children. You can read about these EITC changes here.

What is Letter 6419?

Letter 6419 is an IRS letter that the IRS is providing taxpayers to inform them of the total Advance Child Tax Credit Payments which they should have received. This letter is good to have when filing your 2021 tax return if you received Advance Child Tax Credit Payments. You can read more about Letter 6419 …