- What is the best way to contact you for help with my taxes?
Completing the contact form or scheduling an appointment on this site is the best way to reach me. You can also email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. I typically reply to emails within 48 hours.
- Do you prepare business returns?
I prepare returns for small business owners (sole proprietor and LLC) who file a Schedule C along with their individual 1040 and some other small business tax returns to include S corporations and Partnerships. I’m still patiently waiting for Amazon to ask me to do their taxes.
- What documents do I need to submit for tax preparation?
After contacting me, I’ll send you the two initial documents and once I get them back I will set up a client portal that we will use to pass documentation between us and that contains the forms you’ll need to complete. You will be uploading your tax documents and any supporting documents through this portal.
- How long will it take you to complete my tax return?
While preparation times vary based on the complexity of the return, once I’ve received all your tax documents and all questions have been answered, it usually takes me 5-7 business days.
- Will I get a chance to review my return before it’s e-filed to the IRS and/or state?
Absolutely! After I’ve completed your tax return, you’ll be notified via email and a copy will be uploaded into your private online folder for your review. I encourage all clients to review their return to ensure accuracy.
- How much will it cost to have you prepare my tax return?
My tax preparation fees are based on the forms you need filed with the IRS and/or state(s). You can check out my fee schedule to get an idea of what your preparation fees may be. Posted are the most common forms.
- When do I need to pay my tax preparation fees?
You’ll receive a detailed invoice and payment is due upon receipt and/or when the tax returns are electronically filed. All returns are submitted to the appropriate agency after payment is made.
- How should I pay my preparation fees?
For most returns I can bill and receive payment through the portal or you can pay through Paypal. For prior clients I on occasion make other arrangements. I do NOT take fees out of the refund or offer any bank products.
- How long have you been a tax professional?
- Do you have a tax credential?
Yes, I am an Enrolled Agent.
- What is an Enrolled Agent?
An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.
- If the IRS is auditing me or sending me letters can you help me?
Yes, although I won’t take an auditing case if I don’t have the requisite experience.